Anyone else craving those warm pumpkin and apple desserts already? I’m usually not one to want to rush summer and skip to Fall, but for some reason this year I’m finding myself craving those warm spiced Fall recipes already! So in the spirit of Fall soon approaching, I wanted to share this Baked Apple Crumble Dessert!
My whole family absolutely loves this one and serving 6-8 people, it’s great for entertaining! The blend of the apples, sugar, and cinnamon is so irresistible, and adding a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of caramel to the top is the perfect Fall treat. I already can’t wait to make this recipe again!
To start, preheat your oven to 375. While the oven is preheating, peel and dice your apples into slices. Then in a large bowl, add your apples, half a cup of sugar, two tablespoons of flour, one teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Then, mix everything together and pour the contents of the bowl into an eight-inch glass baking dish (don’t forget to spray the baking dish before adding the mixture!). Set to the side.
Now, you’re ready to create the topping! In a separate bowl, add ¾ of a cup of flour, ¾ of a cup of quick oats, half a cup of brown sugar, one teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and half a cup of cold butter cut into chunks. Make sure that your butter is cold for this because we want the mixture to have a crumbly consistency! With a fork, cut the butter into the mixture, without over mixing, then pour it on top of your filling in the glass pan. Now, you’re ready to bake!
Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes and then let your baked apple crumble cool for another 20-30 minutes to set in place. I love serving this crumble fresh out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream and caramel drizzle on top. Enjoy!
Baked Apple Crumble Recipe
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Serves 8 People
- 6 Large Gala Apples
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. of Flour
- 1 tsp. of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of Lemon Juice
- ¾ Cup Flour
- ¾ Cup Quick Oats
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Cold Butter
To Prep: Preheat your oven to 375. Peel and slice your apples.
- In a large bowl, mix your peeled and sliced apples, ½ cup of sugar, 2 Tbsp. of flour, 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon, and 1 tsp. of lemon juice. Spray an eight-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray and add the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add ¾ cup of flour, ¾ cup of quick oats, ½ cup of brown sugar, 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon. Dice ½ cup of cold butter, add to the bowl and mix ingredients. Once the mixture is combined, sprinkle it on top of your filling in your glass baking dish.
- Bake at 375 for 34-40 minutes.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes and then serve warm. Optional: Add a scoop of ice cream and caramel drizzle to the top for the ultimate Fall dessert!