To begin this recipe, I like to peel the tails off my shrimp. Some people like to keep the tails on, but I find it’s just more work later on! After peeling the tails, dice the bell peppers, and the prep work is complete.
At this point, melt the butter in a large pan on medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, throw in the diced bell peppers to saute. I don’t like the bell peppers to be too tender, so I only saute for 2-3 minutes.
Once the peppers are ready, add in the shrimp and season with the Old Bay and salt. Let the shrimp cook for about five minutes while regularly stirring, and this part of the meal is done!
You have different options for cooking the rice. If you want fresh rice, you can cook it while cooking your shrimp. With a toddler, I’m a huge fan of making life a little easier, so I opt for a blend of the three different instant-rices.
And that’s it! This recipe is insanely easy, with just ten minutes of prep time and ten minutes to cook. If you make this recipe, be sure to let me know how it goes on Instagram, I’d love to see your finished meals!
Blackened Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 2lbs of Large, Deveined Shrimp
- Earthly Choice Riced Broccoli
- Earthly Choice Riced Cauliflower
- Uncle Ben’s Basmati Rice
- ½ Cup of Butter
- 2 Bell Peppers, Diced
- 2 tbsp Old Bay Blackened Seasoning (Regular Flavor works as well)
- Salt to Taste
- Dice bell pepper.
- Peel tails from shrimp.
- Melt butter in a large pan on medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the pan, along with the Old Bay seasoning and salt. Saute for five minutes.
- Heat rice in the microwave, or as per cooking instructions.