The fall season calls for ALL THINGS pumpkin, so I’m spicing up your table this holiday season with my Savory Sausage and Cheese Biscuits recipe! These mouthwatering biscuits are sure to satisfy whether on the go or for a crowd! They’re simply irresistible…so good, in fact, you just might find eating one a challenge!
This delicious recipe is a spin-off of my original go-to breakfast casserole, which is a Murphy household favorite! So, be sure to check out that recipe HERE! I promise it doesn’t disappoint, and Josh’s friends gave it rave reviews!
These savory sausage and cheese biscuits are perfect for breakfast and dinner and great for holiday entertaining. The best part is no one will ever know just how easy they are to make! For an easy grab-and-go meal throughout the week, try making this recipe ahead of time or in larger batches. They’re not only a crowd-pleaser but will satisfy your pickiest eaters! Don’t be surprised if you find yourself going back for seconds or losing track of how many you’ve had!
Savory Sausage and Cheese Biscuits
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cans of original biscuit dough
- Cooking twine
- Basil leaves for garnishing “pumpkin stem”
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brown breakfast sausage and pour over the block of cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. The heat from the cooked sausage will help soften the cream cheese. Stir in 2 cups of shredded cheese and mix until well combined.
- Next, press out all of your biscuit dough as flat as possible. Put a heaping tablespoon of your sausage mixture in the middle of each one and wrap the dough around to completely cover the filling. Pinch the dough where it comes together. This will be the bottom of your “pumpkins”. Wrap twine around the dough ball and tie it at the bottom.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Once done, let cool, then cut and remove twine to reveal your pumpkin shape! Add the basil leaf to the center for the “pumpkin stem”.
Tip: Making ahead…simply pop it in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds to reheat and enjoy!
For an up-close…fresh out of the oven peek at these delicious sausage and cheese biscuits, check out my Instagram reel HERE!
Optional Recipe Swaps
What’s great about this recipe is you can use any combination of ingredients for the filling! Here are a few others I plan on trying next:
Pizza Biscuits – Cream cheese, chopped pepperoni, and shredded mozzarella
Taco Biscuits – Taco seasoned ground beef, cream cheese, and shredded Mexican cheese
Chicken Pot Pie Biscuits – Cream cheese, shredded chicken, and a can of peas & carrots (season with garlic & onion powder + salt and pepper)
Stay tuned for a Christmas holiday version COMING SOON!
With so much flavor in every bite, these savory sausage and cheese biscuits will meet all your seasonal breakfast, dinner, and entertaining needs! Until next time!
Try this recipe and let me know what you think in the comments!
For more fall recipe inspiration check out my DELICIOUS BAKED PUMPKIN PROTEIN OATS blog post next!